Anime Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Madness wishes you a pleasant stay here.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFlash Games
A new banner has been added!
Drop by the chatbox sometime and hang out with us!
New playlist added! Sit back and enjoy the music!

Site Improvement Suggestions

Go down 
+3
Ruriel
Kiwa_Hajimari
Rami
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rami
Administrator
Administrator
Rami

Credits : 4771

Site Improvement Suggestions  Empty
PostSubject: Site Improvement Suggestions    Site Improvement Suggestions  EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:22 am

As you all may know I wasn't active here for about two months. I have returned and what I saw is that the forum is practically dead. With that being said If there isn't active Mods then what's the point of having active members.

Now the purpose of this thread is for all Users here on this forum to give out our suggestions on what to Improve on the site.
Back to top Go down
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

Credits : 4723

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions    Site Improvement Suggestions  EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:45 am

starting with the small things, didn't we agree on changing the background color on a regular base? xD

another thing is the banner, we could do a GFX contest for a new one each season depending on the new animes, we were discussing that here already https://animeultimatemadness.forumotion.com/t202-anime-madness-picture

for any other contests and things, I'd only pick stuff that's not directly competing with AU

the main advantage this forum has is that the members know each other far better than the sum of AU members does and new members get greeted warmly (as long as someone's there xD)
so why not make a section about personal things like "I need help/advice with ..." instead of it all getting buried in General Discussion.

and we should do a cooking/recipes thread, with so many different nationalities around that would be fun xD
Back to top Go down
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Credits : 4844

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions    Site Improvement Suggestions  EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:27 am

Kiwa_Hajimari wrote:
the main advantage this forum has is that the members know each other far better than the sum of AU members does and new members get greeted warmly (as long as someone's there xD)
so why not make a section about personal things like "I need help/advice with ..." instead of it all getting buried in General Discussion.
Though that is a good idea, I think personal things should stay in blogs. But I know a lot of people are shy about sharing their problems or their problems are very personal. So perhaps a good idea would be to pick a trustworthy user and he/she can do something like an advice blog. For example, if I had a problem with my sister fighting me all the time, I can PM the advice blogger about it. Said advice blogger can make a post saying "Anonymous has a problem with her sister blahblahblah." and can proceed to give advice. In addition, others can chime in with their own advice and ideas. That way it stays personal and no one has to know whose problem it is. However, it is a rather roundabout way of doing it, and I think it's unlikely users would actually go to said advice blogger seeking help (especially with the way we are now). But it's just an idea to toy around with.

Kiwa_Hajimari wrote:
and we should do a cooking/recipes thread, with so many different nationalities around that would be fun xD
Why not just start one yourself then? XD I think that's a pretty cool idea (though I don't know many recipes myself).

Another thing I wanted to mention was that, it's fine being friendly with each other and all, but don't forget that this is essentially a site for discussing anime and manga. I think that it's essential that we have more of that.
Back to top Go down
http://radiantstarr.deviantart.com/
Rami
Administrator
Administrator
Rami

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions    Site Improvement Suggestions  EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:30 am

Kiwa_Hajimari wrote:
starting with the small things, didn't we agree on changing the background color on a regular base? xD

another thing is the banner, we could do a GFX contest for a new one each season depending on the new animes, we were discussing that here already https://animeultimatemadness.forumotion.com/t202-anime-madness-picture

for any other contests and things, I'd only pick stuff that's not directly competing with AU

Kiwa I have taken your suggestion for consideration we will have the banner change and it should be seasonally.

What kind of contests might you be interested in seeing?

I think that's what the blogs are for. For users to write  down about what ever they might like whether its personal or not.

And as for the cooking thread Create it yourself and that shouldn't be that hard to do.
Back to top Go down
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

Credits : 4723

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions    Site Improvement Suggestions  EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:24 am

I know there should be blogs about that, but I noticed that much of this talk happened in threads while there weren't many blogs at all, so my suggestion would be to move this from the blogs to the threads and make a section for it making us all advice guys lol
and for private questions there's still the chatbox

and I'll do that cooking thread as soon as I got home

separate cooking and baking threads?
Back to top Go down
Toilet
BADASS HEAD ADMIN!
BADASS HEAD ADMIN!
Toilet

Credits : 13836

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions    Site Improvement Suggestions  EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Thanks Rami, i really appreciate it. and Radiant too ofc Wink It makes me really happy just seeing all of you guys make this forum look important. So let the suggestions begin.
Back to top Go down
https://animeultimatemadness.forumotion.com
Mikex38
Raptor Master (Moderator)
Raptor Master (Moderator)
Mikex38

Credits : 4126

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions    Site Improvement Suggestions  EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:42 pm

we should discuss the fall anime season, so we can get to talking about anime more because ive seen we rarely talk about anime in this forum
Back to top Go down
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
Artwork Moderator
Artwork Moderator
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia

Credits : 4907

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions    Site Improvement Suggestions  EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:07 pm

suggesting is not really my thing but i think i can try and give comments on some suggestion but too tired to think of anything today...
i'll just wait for you guys tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
KimHaedi
Blog Moderator
Blog Moderator
KimHaedi

Credits : 5087

PostSubject: i dont know if this will work    Site Improvement Suggestions  EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Here are some ideas for forum topic or categories.  I am not sure which topics can be underneath a category.

1.homework help line: if someone needs help with homework they could just simple ask for it on this title.

2.seasonal anime voting polls: the most well known animes or the upcoming animes can be voted for the best around

3. voting polls  for other usages.  like anime music op and ed voting polls

4.opinion/advisement  box:  this is a place where ppl can give out free quotes or random friendly advices for whatever the cause.    For example:  Don't run away from your dream, your dream will always be there, but u must pursue it.

5.CALL A.M.EMERGENCY:  this is for people who need to ASK quick questions about anything that they need.
                                        this title should be in red bold and for everyone to access it easily, so that way, we could help the ones in need in no time.

6.well known sayings for languages:  phrases that other culture ppl say like French: "je taime!" I love you.  simple words for others can use

7.anime render or wallpapers , etc. this is a place where ppl can share links or photos of their own renders to others for them to use as well.  to give out ideas.

8.sharing fashion getaway tips:for dates, going out, parties, business trips, traveling, etc. this is a place where ppl can ask or give out fashion tips on a rainy day or on anyday of the week.  

9.general topic: asian or any names for babies: give out names for others to use  for example: Korean: Song Jun, American: Nova  

10.networking lines: in case ppl need websites for online jobs or any type of help sites.  for benefits like searching for rental houses.  etc.

11.contact list of users:  those who want to give out there e-mails or etc. can leave it here so that way others can reach them if we can't contact them on A.M.

also, we need more fun games for ppl to be attracted by them like more voting polls, SURVEYS,TRIVIA games! anything where we all can do something instead of just typing things out through threads all of the time.
we must have more question games for people to want to come here more.
have people be more social here. that's very important. like facebook in a way.

these are some ideas where we can have more fun with FORUM/thread topics or get help, or help others .
Back to top Go down
Rami
Administrator
Administrator
Rami

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions    Site Improvement Suggestions  EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:42 am

KimHaedi wrote:
Here are some ideas for forum topic or categories.  I am not sure which topics can be underneath a category.

1.homework help line: if someone needs help with homework they could just simple ask for it on this title.

2.seasonal anime voting polls: the most well known animes or the upcoming animes can be voted for the best around

3. voting polls  for other usages.  like anime music op and ed voting polls

4.opinion/advisement  box:  this is a place where ppl can give out free quotes or random friendly advices for whatever the cause.    For example:  Don't run away from your dream, your dream will always be there, but u must pursue it.

5.CALL A.M.EMERGENCY:  this is for people who need to ASK quick questions about anything that they need.
                                        this title should be in red bold and for everyone to access it easily, so that way, we could help the ones in need in no time.

6.well known sayings for languages:  phrases that other culture ppl say like French: "je taime!" I love you.  simple words for others can use

7.anime render or wallpapers , etc. this is a place where ppl can share links or photos of their own renders to others for them to use as well.  to give out ideas.

8.sharing fashion getaway tips:for dates, going out, parties, business trips, traveling, etc. this is a place where ppl can ask or give out fashion tips on a rainy day or on anyday of the week.  

9.general topic: asian or any names for babies: give out names for others to use  for example: Korean: Song Jun, American: Nova  

10.networking lines: in case ppl need websites for online jobs or any type of help sites.  for benefits like searching for rental houses.  etc.

11.contact list of users:  those who want to give out there e-mails or etc. can leave it here so that way others can reach them if we can't contact them on A.M.

also,  we need more fun games for ppl to be attracted by them like more voting polls, SURVEYS,TRIVIA games! anything where we all can do something instead of just typing things out through threads all of the time.  
             we must have more question games for people to want to come here more.  
have people be more social here.  that's very important. like facebook in a way.  

these are some ideas where we can have more fun with FORUM/thread topics or get help, or help others .
I See That You And Kiwa Are Suggestion And Advice Box. I Understand Now. I will Bring This Up In Or Meeting Tomorrow.

As For The Other Suggestion Hattie Made I Will See What We Can Do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions    Site Improvement Suggestions  Empty

Back to top Go down

Site Improvement Suggestions
Page 1 of 1