Anime Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Madness wishes you a pleasant stay here.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFlash Games
A new banner has been added!
Drop by the chatbox sometime and hang out with us!
New playlist added! Sit back and enjoy the music!

Staff Meeting (02.11.) suggestions thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

Credits : 4720

Staff Meeting (02.11.) suggestions thread Empty
PostSubject: Staff Meeting (02.11.) suggestions thread   Staff Meeting (02.11.) suggestions thread EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 7:29 pm

To make it posible for the people who can't participate in the meeting, and various other practical reasons, please post your suggestions for site improvements etc here.
The meeting can follow the topics brought up here then.

To my suggestions now:
1) I was told that one point would be the demoting of inactive admins. This concerns mainly Toilet who doesn't even show up anymore. In his case, I'd vote for a demotion, partially to getRami the editing rights for the site he needs. Since you said admins in plural, I have to say I'm strictly against demoting Inxanity, he's busy, but active, and helpful whenever he's on, and he knows useful stuff about sites, music players etc.

2) Thoughts thread. Yes, we wanted to wait until we can disable the post count there, but I think it would really help the site, so why not start it now and fix the post count later? The listening-to thread has post count as well afaik, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem to temporarily have a dysbalance there or whatever. xD

3) How about having this kind of thread before every one of the meetings, it's more convenient, practical for the absent members and we have some sort of protocol for the actual meeting.
Back to top Go down
Rami
Administrator
Administrator
Rami

Credits : 4768

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (02.11.) suggestions thread   Staff Meeting (02.11.) suggestions thread EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:21 pm

You really want that thought thread so you can spam it as you see fit. Razz Razz

As Kiwa mentioned post you suggestions here on what you want to talk about in our meeting.

I will start as soon as I get these damn tests over.
Back to top Go down
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Credits : 4841

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (02.11.) suggestions thread   Staff Meeting (02.11.) suggestions thread EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 9:09 pm

Kiwa_Hajimari wrote:
To make it posible for the people who can't participate in the meeting, and various other practical reasons, please post your suggestions for site improvements etc here.
The meeting can follow the topics brought up here then.

To my suggestions now:
1) I was told that one point would be the demoting of inactive admins. This concerns mainly Toilet who doesn't even show up anymore. In his case, I'd vote for a demotion, partially to getRami the editing rights for the site he needs. Since you said admins in plural, I have to say I'm strictly against demoting Inxanity, he's busy, but active, and helpful whenever he's on, and he knows useful stuff about sites, music players etc.

2) Thoughts thread. Yes, we wanted to wait until we can disable the post count there, but I think it would really help the site, so why not start it now and fix the post count later? The listening-to thread has post count as well afaik, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem to temporarily have a dysbalance there or whatever. xD

3) How about having this kind of thread before every one of the meetings, it's more convenient, practical for the absent members and we have some sort of protocol for the actual meeting.
Kiwa, I agree with you in that Toilet should be demoted... Unfortunately, being that he's the founder of the site, Rami and I haven't found a way to transfer the "ownership" of the site to him. And of course, we do understand that Inxanity is very busy as are many other members.

I was snooping around the forum for the site that created the website template we used for AM (it's called forumotion) and it is currently not possible to disable post count. Apparently the makers of forumotion are working on it but I haven't seen anything about it yet, and it's been months. (*goes on rant on how this problem has been around for a few years and hasn't been fixed*) That aside, I will allow you to make the thread, but let me create a "forum games" section first before you do that. And for that I'm going to need a mod who is always active on AM.

I think that's a really good idea kiwa ^^ And that reminds me to address the fact that the meeting we will be having was rather suddenly announced (Rami this is directed towards you) without anyone else's knowledge. I'm not saying it was wrong, but I think it would be best to figure out what day is most convenient for everyone first before announcing a meeting date and time. Otherwise, we might end up in a meeting with like... 3 users. And we obviously wouldn't get anything done XD
Back to top Go down
http://radiantstarr.deviantart.com/
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
Artwork Moderator
Artwork Moderator
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia

Credits : 4904

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (02.11.) suggestions thread   Staff Meeting (02.11.) suggestions thread EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 5:16 pm

well since i think i cant be on the meeting this time...i will post my thoughts...i will still try to make it though...

well...you would probably consider my past suggestion on the thread i created...

and i have some additional...
this one is not really as important as the sharing the section thing...but wouldnt it be better if you allow mods to stick a topic???

and the the credit exchange...
since mods are allowed to use this big-ass signatures...
i am thinking of having a credit exchange for a signature height increase...we will start on 150px and would add 25px everytime they exchange their credit...
but here is a problem on this suggestion...keeping track on those who had the signature height increase...if we can find a solution for this then i think we wont have a problem...

username change...this one really sounds outrageous that it might cause some confusion...
so i gave it some thought...and this is what i came up with...
what if we make this one a nearly impossible feat...means that we would have the credit exchange very expensive...this idea will surely have more issues to come...

i really hope i can make it to support my ideas...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Staff Meeting (02.11.) suggestions thread   Staff Meeting (02.11.) suggestions thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Staff Meeting (02.11.) suggestions thread
Page 1 of 1