Anime Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Madness wishes you a pleasant stay here.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFlash Games
A new banner has been added!
Drop by the chatbox sometime and hang out with us!
New playlist added! Sit back and enjoy the music!

First Day of Work

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Credits : 4849

First Day of Work Empty
PostFirst Day of Work

So I work as a teacher's assistant at a summer school and today was the first day...  Someone please shoot me. I am now forced to teach 3rd and 4th graders instead of 1st and 2nd graders (which I did on Saturdays throughout the school year). All I did was proctor placement exams and I am already extremely exhausted and my throat is dying from all the screaming I had to do. I can handle little kids... but middle schoolers....  And it doesn't help that all the teacher assistants double as janitors. Someone please kill me.... anybody...?

Last edited by Ruriel on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://radiantstarr.deviantart.com/
Share this post on: reddit

First Day of Work :: Comments

Zen
Re: First Day of Work
Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:48 am by Zen
Wow, that sounds terrible! Here I thought my job was bad. >.<
Anyway, I hope things get better for you in the future.
Kiwa_Hajimari
Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 am by Kiwa_Hajimari
I'm employed as a guide in the maths exhibition of our uni, and we got people of all ages visiting us. The most fun are the high school/university students, because you can explain the really funny stuff to them, but the first to fifth graders (age 6-12) are cute and moivated as well. All in between is mostly ... inconvenient to guide, they desperately want to show how cool they are and that it's absolutely not necessary for them to listen to you. What I do is telling them I don't care about anyone who is not interested, and they should shut up or leave, and teach the guys who wanna be taught, but I guess that is something you can't do that easily...

What I have noticed, if you separate boys and girls at that age, they aren't busy with impressing the other gender anymore, so the girls focus on work (cliche, i know, but my personal experience as well) and the boys focus on impressing each other ... surprisingly by wanting to look smart and intelligent and beating the other boys in any competition you get them and therefore focus on what you tell them (more than before, at least).

So you could just try splitting them in two halves of the room and looking for improvement that way.
Rami
Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:24 am by Rami
Hahahaha Truly Funny. Well Ruriel Seems You Can't Handle Kids.

Let Me Tell You That At Your Age I Started To Tutor Kindergarteners Through Eighth Graders. I Loved It Because I Could Easily Entertain Children And They Thought I Was Somewhat Cool. I Help Them With Homework, Graded Tests, Even Had To Watch Them At Break And Recess.  This Was My Routine For About Two Years. I Love Children Because I Can Easily Entertain Them With What Little Thing And They love Being Around Me.

Hopefully It Becomes Better For You, Though From What I Read I Think You Will Have The Same Problems Everyday Than From Your First Day.

Let Me Know How It Goes And I Will Give You Some Tips On How To Deal With Children.
Rex Lex
Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:21 am by Rex Lex
i know how you feel 
I cant stand middle school kids...... so annoying Neutral 
that's why I never wanted to be a teacher
Ruriel
Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:51 pm by Ruriel
Kiwa_Hajimari wrote:
I'm employed as a guide in the maths exhibition of our uni, and we got people of all ages visiting us. The most fun are the high school/university students, because you can explain the really funny stuff to them, but the first to fifth graders (age 6-12) are cute and moivated as well. All in between is mostly ... inconvenient to guide, they desperately want to show how cool they are and that it's absolutely not necessary for them to listen to you. What I do is telling them I don't care about anyone who is not interested, and they should shut up or leave, and teach the guys who wanna be taught, but I guess that is something you can't do that easily...

What I have noticed, if you separate boys and girls at that age, they aren't busy with impressing the other gender anymore, so the girls focus on work (cliche, i know, but my personal experience as well) and the boys focus on impressing each other ... surprisingly by wanting to look smart and intelligent and beating the other boys in any competition you get them and therefore focus on what you tell them (more than before, at least).

So you could just try splitting them in two halves of the room and looking for improvement that way.

Haha I know what you mean... XD Little kids are always trying to show adults how smart they think they are. Well actually, the boys and girls already separate themselves into different tables but all they still want to do is play around XD Thanks for the advice though ^^ I used the same technique on Saturdays and the kids worked but I guess it doesn't work on this group of kids. XD

Rami wrote:
Hahahaha Truly Funny. Well Ruriel Seems You Can't Handle Kids.

Let Me Tell You That At Your Age I Started To Tutor Kindergarteners Through Eighth Graders. I Loved It Because I Could Easily Entertain Children And They Thought I Was Somewhat Cool. I Help Them With Homework, Graded Tests, Even Had To Watch Them At Break And Recess.  This Was My Routine For About Two Years. I Love Children Because I Can Easily Entertain Them With What Little Thing And They love Being Around Me.

Hopefully It Becomes Better For You, Though From What I Read I Think You Will Have The Same Problems Everyday Than From Your First Day.

Let Me Know How It Goes And I Will Give You Some Tips On How To Deal With Children.

It's not that I hate kids... I love children and the ones that I am teaching are super adorable. They just... don't listen and it does get frustrating. I've come up with a point system where the kids who gain the most points through good schoolwork and behavior receive prizes... So hopefully that will give them a motivational boost~
Post  by Sponsored content

First Day of Work

Page 1 of 1