Anime Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Madness wishes you a pleasant stay here.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFlash Games
A new banner has been added!
Drop by the chatbox sometime and hang out with us!
New playlist added! Sit back and enjoy the music!

Horrific Accident

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Credits : 4849

Horrific Accident Empty
PostHorrific Accident

This may not be the place to share this horrible news/rant but I felt like I needed to get this out of my system. Don't say I didn't warn you.

New York City is home the most extensive public transportation network in the world.

Around my neighborhood, during rush hour, a train struck a man who jumped in front of it. But this was no normal train accident. The impact was so severe that the victim's body parts fell to the street below. There are pictures up on twitter but I'm not going to post them here for the sake of the victim's privacy. But let me tell you: it's extremely graphic. It was like something you'd see in a horror anime or in a zombie movie. And I'm not exaggerating. Please let the victim rest in peace.

I was shocked to think that something like this could happen so close to where I live, and it really brought up the issue of New York's subway safety. Unlike Japan and Korea, New York City has extremely filthy subway stations and the platforms are open. There are no rails. Lately this year, there have been many stories of people falling into the tracks or even being pushed into the tracks. And now this.

I hope this issue really gives the city a wake-up call to reform our subway. 4 million New Yorkers use the subway station every day and this is a serious safety hazard. As of now, the city is building extensions the subway system that will include platform screen doors. However, they were built for the primary purpose of increasing air flow, not for safety reason. And what about the rest of the system? Though it will hinder public transportation and it will cost a lot of money, I hope the city will eventually install such safety measures throughout the metro.

Last edited by Ruriel on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://radiantstarr.deviantart.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Horrific Accident :: Comments

Vezzel
Re: Horrific Accident
Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:12 am by Vezzel
yeah, situations with train stations are pretty chaotic over here as well, governments have stopped caring for secutity on those places for some reason, i remember last year on valentines day, a group of 2 couples was wanted to travel but i dont know how, they fell into the rails, since the train was about to arrive they thought they could avoid being hit by lying down on a corner between the rails and the wall but it didnt work, only one of them came out alive but he lost his leg and his girlfriend...
seriously, these kinds of accidents are the worst kind of thing, they are too sudden and can be too damn bloody for all those watching and its easy for someone to fall into those traps, im really sorry for this guy, lets at least hope that his accident becomes a reason at last for the government of ur country to decide to do something about it.
KimHaedi
Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:22 am by KimHaedi
omg i wonder why.. the man.. just.. killed himself..  he must of had some reason to ..commit suicide..

usually asia countries have suicidal people the most.. but ges.  this is.. hectic..  I hope no one I know will ever do such a devastating act...   i mean everyone who do acts of suicide.. always have a a reason to not live anymore..   Theres just so many reasons to do that..but most of all..  please dont ever give up on your life.  anyone who reads this.

p..s i've heard that the man jumped to get his cell phone and he couldnt make it in time.. is that true?
Ruriel
Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:50 pm by Ruriel
KimHaedi wrote:
omg i wonder why.. the man.. just.. killed himself..  he must of had some reason to ..commit suicide..

usually asia countries have suicidal people the most.. but ges.  this is.. hectic..  I hope no one I know will ever do such a devastating act...   i mean everyone who do acts of suicide.. always have a a reason to not live anymore..   Theres just so many reasons to do that..but most of all..  please dont ever give up on your life.  anyone who reads this.

p..s i've heard that the man jumped to get his cell phone and he couldnt make it in time.. is that true?
Sadly no... Witnesses said they saw him jump in front of the train as the train came into the platform. I wish he didn't have to give up on life easily. 

There's another story where a woman's jacket fell onto the tracks. The sign said that the train wouldn't be coming in for another 8 minutes so she went down to the tracks to get it. A man jumped down to help her but they took too long. The tragic part is that the woman survived but the man didn't. 

If only we had rail guards or a glass wall or something. I'm sure a lot of these tragic events would never have taken place >_<
KimHaedi
omg
Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:15 pm by KimHaedi
Ruriel wrote:
KimHaedi wrote:

Sadly no... Witnesses said they saw him jump in front of the train as the train came into the platform. I wish he didn't have to give up on life easily. 

There's another story where a woman's jacket fell onto the tracks. The sign said that the train wouldn't be coming in for another 8 minutes so she went down to the tracks to get it. A man jumped down to help her but they took too long. The tragic part is that the woman survived but the man didn't. 

If only we had rail guards or a glass wall or something. I'm sure a lot of these tragic events would never have taken place >_<
omg thats.. soo sad.. really..  all of these stories are.. just.. sorrowful..  i wish ppl were more cautious about their lives.. even if my jacket fell off the tracks.. i wouldnt go pick it up.. even if it were my favorite jacket.. 

thanks for sharing the stories to me.
Post  by Sponsored content

Horrific Accident

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anime Madness :: Blogs-
Jump to: