Anime Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Madness wishes you a pleasant stay here.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFlash Games
A new banner has been added!
Drop by the chatbox sometime and hang out with us!
New playlist added! Sit back and enjoy the music!

here are some ideas...

Go down 
+2
Kiwa_Hajimari
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
Artwork Moderator
Artwork Moderator
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia

Credits : 4913

here are some ideas... Empty
PostSubject: here are some ideas...   here are some ideas... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:00 pm

some idea about the moderating...

i was just thinking of these ones...

how about we allow the mods to close topics on the feedback sections...this is to avoid spammers(like me...XD) from spamming same answers on a questions or complaints that are already answered by a moderator...

allow the mods to ban a member...this is to counter the members who just register to spam some threads...well cause most of us are from AU i'll take the fairy tail returns as an example...where only one mod is on and cant close the thread cause its not one of his section...which means if this happens to us and no admin is on then the mods who are on can ban the specific user...

having a shared section...
this means that the Naruto, Fairy Tail, One Piece, Bleach and General anime and manga mods will share responsibility on moderating the sections...of course there will still be a main mod that will make the rules for the section...we will probably need just one for each section...
this way if the mod on the Naruto Section is out then the others can take over which means we wont need to have another Naruto Section moderator...same goes for the other sections...
Back to top Go down
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

Credits : 4729

PostSubject: Re: here are some ideas...   here are some ideas... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:12 pm

sounds like a lot of work for the admins, but reasonable.
I don't know how much to do it actually is, but we could do that as kinda stretch goal for our 75th or 100th member xD
Back to top Go down
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
Artwork Moderator
Artwork Moderator
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia

PostSubject: Re: here are some ideas...   here are some ideas... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:17 pm

Kiwa_Hajimari wrote:
sounds like a lot of work for the admins, but reasonable.
I don't know how much to do it actually is, but we could do that as kinda stretch goal for our 75th or 100th member xD
yeah...really does sounds a lot of work but i think it would payoff when we get a lot of members...
Back to top Go down
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

PostSubject: Re: here are some ideas...   here are some ideas... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:22 pm

ah, and btw, mods can ban people already, at least theoretically.
I just banned you. If you haven't noticed. Gonna finish the chapter of battle royale now and unban you again. lol
Back to top Go down
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
Artwork Moderator
Artwork Moderator
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia

PostSubject: Re: here are some ideas...   here are some ideas... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:25 pm

well as for the banning i did tried that one...but havent tried it on a normal user so im not sure if it really works...
Back to top Go down
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

PostSubject: Re: here are some ideas...   here are some ideas... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:30 pm

I said, theoretically xD

well, I don't know non-mods that would visit here to try it out...
Back to top Go down
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
Artwork Moderator
Artwork Moderator
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia

PostSubject: Re: here are some ideas...   here are some ideas... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:46 pm

Kiwa_Hajimari wrote:
I said, theoretically xD

well, I don't know non-mods that would visit here to try it out...
i actually thought of asking one of our normal user's permission but im not sure...maybe there's a minimum time for the banning so i didnt do it...
Back to top Go down
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

PostSubject: Re: here are some ideas...   here are some ideas... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:50 pm

yes, that was my suggestion as well, but I haven't seen any non-mods on since ovyda joined, so I wouldn't know anyone we could ask. We could have me de-modded and you ban me, but plz not too long xD maybe for a few minutes tomorrow if some admin agrees xD
Back to top Go down
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Credits : 4850

PostSubject: Re: here are some ideas...   here are some ideas... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:12 pm

Those are some really great suggestions, but as of now, since we have few members that are active, they aren't quite necessary. When we do become more active, please let bring this up again. I have changed it so that mods can now ban users though. I believe that sey is still a regular member so if you want to experiment, you can ask him for permission. I'm not too crazy about having too many shared sections... I think general discussion should be shared and maybe I'll let the big 4 mods share their sections... I still have to talk to rami about this.
Back to top Go down
http://radiantstarr.deviantart.com/
KimHaedi
Blog Moderator
Blog Moderator
KimHaedi

Credits : 5093

PostSubject: Re: here are some ideas...   here are some ideas... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:19 pm

well i hope we'll have more flexible power for us mods. But if admin Rami doesnt agree then just make a vote about it for the mods and admins Ruriel. okay? it's only fair.
Back to top Go down
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Credits : 4850

PostSubject: Re: here are some ideas...   here are some ideas... EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 12:56 am

It's not an issue as to whether you guys should get more power or not. I have complete trust in you guys that you will not abuse your privileges. I'm worried that if the site gets busier, mods that have shared sections will have a bigger burden and it can potentially get chaotic. We'll have to see when the time comes. Besides, you guys should have had the ability to ban users from the start as stated in the "how to moderate" thread. It's our fault for making the mistake of not giving you guys that ability and I do apologize for that.
Back to top Go down
http://radiantstarr.deviantart.com/
Rami
Administrator
Administrator
Rami

Credits : 4777

PostSubject: Re: here are some ideas...   here are some ideas... EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 2:43 am

Ruriel wrote:
It's not an issue as to whether you guys should get more power or not. I have complete trust in you guys that you will not abuse your privileges. I'm worried that if the site gets busier, mods that have shared sections will have a bigger burden and it can potentially get chaotic. We'll have to see when the time comes. Besides, you guys should have had the ability to ban users from the start as stated in the "how to moderate" thread. It's our fault for making the mistake of not giving you guys that ability and I do apologize for that.
I gave it a lot of thought and i think allowing mods on other sections won't work or else we will create super mods. which is what I don't want.

Now All mods should be able to ban members and I will edit the mod guidelines.

If you see members making junk threads one warning the second time an automatic ban. No Questions Asked!
Back to top Go down
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

PostSubject: Re: here are some ideas...   here are some ideas... EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 4:02 am

Lol I completely forgot about seyyah not being a mod xD

thanks for the ban thing being fixed, though I hope I won't need it xD

and I agree that we need most of those things only if we get more members.
Back to top Go down
Rami
Administrator
Administrator
Rami

Credits : 4777

PostSubject: Re: here are some ideas...   here are some ideas... EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 3:17 am

We will be sure to add more power to the Moderators.

Who know you may have to.
Back to top Go down
seyyah
Role-Playing Moderator
Role-Playing Moderator
seyyah

Credits : 4175

PostSubject: Re: here are some ideas...   here are some ideas... EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 4:44 am

still hoping for cases not to hapen for mods to use ban a good way of thnking.... also feel free to use me as a sandbag, but tell me about it before...
Back to top Go down
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

PostSubject: Re: here are some ideas...   here are some ideas... EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 4:54 am

thanks, I intended to do hat already, but forgot about it again xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: here are some ideas...   here are some ideas... Empty

Back to top Go down

here are some ideas...
Page 1 of 1