Anime Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Madness wishes you a pleasant stay here.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFlash Games
A new banner has been added!
Drop by the chatbox sometime and hang out with us!
New playlist added! Sit back and enjoy the music!

Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NowiS
Commander
Commander
NowiS

Credits : 4165

Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion] Empty
PostSubject: Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion]   Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion] EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 1:52 am

Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion] 54267l

Synopsis:

By its eleventh expansion pack, the massively multiplayer online role-playing game Elder Tale has become a global success, having a following of millions of players. However, during the release of its twelfth expansion pack: Novasphere Pioneers, thirty thousand Japanese gamers who are all logged on at the time of the update, suddenly find themselves transported inside the game world and donning their in-game avatars. In the midst of the event, a socially awkward gamer called Shiroe along with his friends Naotsugu and Akatsuki decide to team up so that they may face this world which has now become their reality along with the challenges which lie ahead.

Source:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/17265/Log_Horizon

My thoughts:

I'm really enjoying the different approach the writers are going with this anime. The virtual reality MMORPG based anime has been done before, but not like how Log Horizon is doing it. It not focused on how they are trapped and how they want to return to their normal lives, but rather how they adapt and live the world they were mysteriously summoned it. There's also a political side of the matter and it brings a fresh and intelligent air about the show. It's not all magic and sword fights, but some of the battle take places in guild halls through intellectual and clever discussion and negotiations regarding the status quo of the people living in this vast and unknown world. So far, so good. Discuss!

Back to top Go down
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

Credits : 4731

PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion]   Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion] EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 3:56 am

I find it rather interesting that the anime has no real MC xD
sure, there's Shiroe who's just OP up to ep 8, but afterwards you barely see him.
Back to top Go down
seyyah
Role-Playing Moderator
Role-Playing Moderator
seyyah

Credits : 4177

PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion]   Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion] EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:11 am

As i read LN i got sure Shiroe is the MC, but depending on volume, focused characters change... Current volume i'm reading, Volume 6 Yoake no Mayoigo is currently focused on Akatsuki as shes trying to make herself stronger... Still from what i read until now Shiroe stays as MC imo....
Back to top Go down
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion]   Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion] EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 5:51 am

the latest ep was pretty cool with all this mobilising of a huge army, suddenly they have ships and stuff xD

this might get rather epic in the next one, I'ml looking forward to it xD
Back to top Go down
seyyah
Role-Playing Moderator
Role-Playing Moderator
seyyah

PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion]   Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion] EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 6:18 am

they built that ship by the time they set off for eastall, and well... when people want to do it, they can do such huge movements... and they always end in epicness and lag XD
but well... i'm simply hoping for a second season, as they have material for it... Razz
Back to top Go down
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
Artwork Moderator
Artwork Moderator
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia

Credits : 4915

PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion]   Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion] EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 4:03 pm

kinda dropped this anime on episode 6 or something...just cant seem to enjoy it...

was just wondering...what was the main story of this...cause as far as i've seen...it seems like...''we've been transported to a new world...we'll just have to accept that and live here''...thats how it goes...depends on how it developed i'll probably going to pick it up again...
Back to top Go down
seyyah
Role-Playing Moderator
Role-Playing Moderator
seyyah

PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion]   Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion] EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 5:27 am

Hmm there has been a talk happened between shiroe and leader of minami(anotehr player city) and she asked Shiroe to come over, why you ask, she said he is the only one who could help her to find a way to return... so they are yet to give up on returning idea, but they are trying to adapt that world as they dont know when they'll be able to leave it.
Back to top Go down
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
Artwork Moderator
Artwork Moderator
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia

Credits : 4915

PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion]   Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion] EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 2:57 pm

seyyah wrote:
Hmm there has been a talk happened between shiroe and leader of minami(anotehr player city) and she asked Shiroe to come over, why you ask, she said he is the only one who could help her to find a way to return... so they are yet to give up on returning idea, but they are trying to adapt that world as they dont know when they'll be able to leave it.

took a lot of episodes to get to the thing i've always waited...
Back to top Go down
NowiS
Commander
Commander
NowiS

PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion]   Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion] EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 7:41 am

Pretty good episode. Finally got to see some fighting after all the buildup from the last couple episodes.

I thought the whole predicting thirty seconds in the future concept a bit silly, and how Minori was basically trying to emulate Shiroe was unnecessary, but I guess it's just a minor gripe I had with the episode.

And I hope Rudy doesn't die. I grew to like him quite a bit.

Back to top Go down
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion]   Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion] EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 12:25 pm

that with rudy was quite the surprise, I suspected sth like that during his first and second appearance, but dropped it after no follow-ups for about 10 episodes xD
Back to top Go down
NowiS
Commander
Commander
NowiS

PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion]   Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion] EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:34 pm

It didn't really come out as a surprise to me. I mean there were suspicions of him being part of the People of the Land. He couldn't be added onto the friend's list and how he trained outside of the team's schedule and yet he only grows 2 levels when everybody else levels up 5 times.

Plus the OP kinda spoilers that something happens to Rudy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion]   Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion] EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 10:36 am

shiroe is a hypocrite of the worst sort.

14.05c shiroe to rudy
"But be careful. This will turn you into a new kind of being, so it might be risky."

And that after they just turned him into a zombie without asking lol
Back to top Go down
seyyah
Role-Playing Moderator
Role-Playing Moderator
seyyah

PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion]   Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion] EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 5:44 pm

most obvious sign that he wasnt an adventurer was his status bar indicated him with title of Mage, not Adventurer. at first ep, from shiroes eyes all status bars carried title of Adventurer.
well.... i knew he was npc from to get-go as i had alredy readed this battle in VN like 2 months ago Razz
and kiwa, Shiroe said that after turning Rundel into a zombie with the incense, then made him sign the contract, if he didnt turned Rundel into zombie he cannot sign the "Devil's" contract you see... XD
Back to top Go down
NowiS
Commander
Commander
NowiS

PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion]   Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion] EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 4:05 am

So does that mean Shiroe can alter the rules of the game/world their living in? I would say that it's a bit too powerful Very Happy

Shiroe to be the new God of Elder Tales lol
Back to top Go down
seyyah
Role-Playing Moderator
Role-Playing Moderator
seyyah

PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion]   Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion] EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 10:25 am

not exactly, he used a contract there and affected only a part, and to make it success he used most rarest items he had. it takes too much to affect the world XD but still its now made obvious that people can alter world to a degree...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion]   Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion] Empty

Back to top Go down

Log Horizon [spoilers] &[discussion]
Page 1 of 1