Anime Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Madness wishes you a pleasant stay here.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFlash Games
A new banner has been added!
Drop by the chatbox sometime and hang out with us!
New playlist added! Sit back and enjoy the music!

Meeting Overview

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rami
Administrator
Administrator
Rami

Credits : 4776

Meeting Overview Empty
PostSubject: Meeting Overview   Meeting Overview EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 5:13 am

This is a brief summary put together by Ruriel on what was discussed in our meeting!

So if you were not here for the meeting, then I encourage you to read it. Now we are going to have another meeting in 2 weeks, so I encourage everyone to mention when its the best time for you so I can make a time that is best for all of us and again its in the chat box.

Summary

(keep in mind that the some of these ideas are merely ideas and that they have not been solidified yet)

IMPORTANT (the following has been discussed after the majority of mods/admins left the meeting): I have noticed that in many forums, new users register, make an intro, and are never heard of again. I also have noticed that this is due to being intimated by mods and regular users. It is difficult to jump into a conversation when everyone knows each other and you are the outsider. So I and along with the few mods (and admin) that were left have agreed upon making AM new user-friendly. What do you guys think?

Immediate Goals

•recruit new members

•recruit members who you think are capable of being mods and not just because they're your're friends

Site Banner

•banner will be changed seasonally

•there will be a contest hosted by the gfxers to see who creates the best banner

•the characters in the banner will be characters from the current season's animes

Site Background

•definitely needs to be changed

•no characters in the background

•it will be plain and simple and we are most likely keeping it black (or at least dark)

•will not change very often but when changed, it will be via another contest(?)

Admins, Mods, and other related things

•inactive mods will be demoted

•mods are responsible for keeping their sections lively

•we need to discuss what exactly are red mods and what they do

•change mods in red from general mods to trainee/trial mods(?)

•trainee mods will be assigned to a section they are interested in, not just any ol' section that needs a mod

•trainee mods will receive a mentor, who is a more experience mod of the section they are assigned to(?) said mentor will teach the trainee the ropes

•number of mods for each section depends on how used a section is

•mods and admins shall make it their duty to incorporate new users whenever possible (especially in the chatbox)

•a handful of mods will be in charge of keeping their eye on new members, showing them how the site works, and making sure that they are comfortable posting in this site(?)

•we should create a system to warn/demote unfriendly, rude, and inadequate mods/admins

Credits Shop

•methods to earn credits should be clearly stated somewhere

•put up special renders in shop(?)

•think about what type of rewards should be given besides VIP status, badges, and awards

Music Player

•the idea is to have a radio while on the site

•music will be restricted to anime related songs such as OST's, opening, and endings

•suggestions thread so users can suggest songs to add to the list

•limit the amount of songs in the playlist(?)

Regular Staff Meetings

•we should have regular (probably weekly) staff meeting to discuss the site

•things discussed will include bugs, problematic users, etc.

•we just need to decide on what day and what time

•we should not continue meetings on the chatbox... we don't want normal users to see what we're discussing

Miscellaneous

•rules and guidelines need to be stated clearer and needed to be added on to

•need to warn against plagiarism

•need to discuss if we are making religion a taboo or not (and if not, we need to discuss how it must be moderated)

•this wasn't discussed but I just realized that our gender is not displayed on our profile
Back to top Go down
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Credits : 4849

Meeting Overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Overview   Meeting Overview EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 12:35 am

So much for a brief summary XD I made it pretty long, but the more detailed the better~

Well I'm usually free all day on Sunday. Monday-Friday. I have school and I have work on Saturday. I might have family plans or a school trip so give me a heads up when we have meetings.
Back to top Go down
http://radiantstarr.deviantart.com/
Rex Lex
Hobbies Section Moderator
Hobbies Section Moderator
Rex Lex

Credits : 4226

Meeting Overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Overview   Meeting Overview EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 7:01 am

we should take care of the rules first and ithink its the best too put up a poll for religion I personally think it should be banned
Back to top Go down
Rami
Administrator
Administrator
Rami

Meeting Overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Overview   Meeting Overview EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Rex Lex wrote:
we should take care of the rules first and ithink its the best too put up a poll for religion I personally think it should be banned
Thanks Rex We Will Sure Add The Issue Of Religion To The Rules.
Back to top Go down
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
Artwork Moderator
Artwork Moderator
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia

Credits : 4912

Meeting Overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Overview   Meeting Overview EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 4:30 pm

about the day of the meeting...
can we have it saturday instead of sunday???anytime is fine with me...if thats okay with everybody that is...

and about where...can we just have a private chatbox???exclusively for mods and admins...
Back to top Go down
Rami
Administrator
Administrator
Rami

Meeting Overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Overview   Meeting Overview EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Lelouch_Vi_Britannia wrote:
can we have it saturday instead of sunday???anytime is fine with me...if thats okay with everybody that is...

and about where...can we just have a private chatbox???exclusively for mods and admins...
Let Me See what I can do I just need time.

Last edited by Rami on Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KimHaedi
Blog Moderator
Blog Moderator
KimHaedi

Credits : 5092

Meeting Overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Overview   Meeting Overview EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 5:53 pm

im free on any day except for Sundays or Tuesdays. there my most busiest days of the whole entire week.
Back to top Go down
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Credits : 4849

Meeting Overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Overview   Meeting Overview EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 9:41 pm

Lelouch_Vi_Britannia wrote:

I don't mind if it's on Saturday as long as it's at night (Eastern time). And we could use something else besides the chatbox... like skype or something.

I'm going to put up a poll for what day the meeting will be on. It'll be a lot more organized.
Back to top Go down
http://radiantstarr.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Meeting Overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Overview   Meeting Overview Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting Overview
Page 1 of 1