Anime Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Madness wishes you a pleasant stay here.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFlash Games
A new banner has been added!
Drop by the chatbox sometime and hang out with us!
New playlist added! Sit back and enjoy the music!

Aphorisms and quotes

Go down 
+3
RevoluXionist
Ruriel
Kiwa_Hajimari
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

Credits : 4710

Aphorisms and quotes Empty
PostSubject: Aphorisms and quotes   Aphorisms and quotes EmptySun May 19, 2013 4:17 am

This thread is meant to be a place where you can look for inspiration for what you say and write, and where you can note and share quotes and short texts (1) that you found meaningful or essential to your co-members' education.
Within these limits it should be clear that this is a topic for more serious quotes, though for the sake of great ironical sayings and aphorisms I won't draw any borders here, just keep in mind whle posting that there is another thread specifically for these.
You are invited to discuss the posted quotes if you feel like it, think you don't get the meaning of a quote, but would like to, or happen to discover a new depth of meaning in a quote the original poster hasn't noticed, but I'd kindly ask you to move to another thread with the quote as topic if the interest is too high(2).
If possible, give your quotes the following form by adding the author and origin (though you don't need the colors xD).

"All the conitions have been cleared" (- Lelouch Vi Britannia, Code Geass), so now I'm gonna start with a few samples:

"The old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything and the young know everything" - Oscar Wilde

Good ol' Ozzie is famous for his aphorisms, so I expect to cross him a few times here I guess xD

"God doesn't play at dice" - Albert Einstein

In case your quotes need explanations for people that aren't familiar with the topic the author refers to, you may add a few words, like, in this case, Einstein criticises the structure of quantum mechanics that is based on limited random movement of particles, while his relativistic theory believes in cause-and-effect as only determining aspect.

"Everything happens for a reason. Someday, this will also have a beautiful outcome." - Fuwa Aika, Zetsuen no Tempest

Exactly what I wish for this thread, and of course you can post any anime quotes that you see fit.

Have fun posting and I hope you find or share inspiration in this thread!

(1)shouldn't be more than a few sentences
(2)shouldn't be more than a few posts, if you see a page only covered with comments and no single quote on it, plz make a thread with this quote
Back to top Go down
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Credits : 4831

PostSubject: Re: Aphorisms and quotes   Aphorisms and quotes EmptySun May 19, 2013 6:21 pm

Sometimes you have to follow your heart even if everyone is telling you it's wrong. You'll show them in the end that you were right all along. (I've forgotten the name of the person who came up with it)
Back to top Go down
http://radiantstarr.deviantart.com/
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Credits : 4831

PostSubject: Re: Aphorisms and quotes   Aphorisms and quotes EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 5:45 pm

A normal person wishes for a life with no problems, but a great person wishes for the power to face problems. -Anonymous
Back to top Go down
http://radiantstarr.deviantart.com/
RevoluXionist
The Insane King
The Insane King
RevoluXionist

Credits : 4498

PostSubject: Re: Aphorisms and quotes   Aphorisms and quotes EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 4:44 am

"Life isn't short, it is rather long actually. The only ones who think it's short are those who've realized that they have wasted theirs."
-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
http://exartia.deviantart.com/
GuiltyStory
Media Section Moderator
Media Section Moderator
GuiltyStory

Credits : 4178

PostSubject: Re: Aphorisms and quotes   Aphorisms and quotes EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 5:27 am

The difference between literature and journalism is that journalism is unreadable and literature is not read.
Oscar Wilde
Back to top Go down
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

PostSubject: Re: Aphorisms and quotes   Aphorisms and quotes EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 5:37 am

ohhh yes Oscar Wilde xD

let's see what I can recite without looking up xD

"The old believe everything,
the middle-aged suspect everything
and the young know everything."

xD

hah lol had that one already xD

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Last edited by Kiwa_Hajimari on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GuiltyStory
Media Section Moderator
Media Section Moderator
GuiltyStory

PostSubject: Re: Aphorisms and quotes   Aphorisms and quotes EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 5:40 am

If you pretend to be good, the world takes you very seriously. If you pretend to be bad, it doesn't. Such is the astounding stupidity of optimism.
Oscar Wilde

Lol i bet u memorized that! No fair i'm digging through my brain here >.<
Back to top Go down
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

PostSubject: Re: Aphorisms and quotes   Aphorisms and quotes EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 5:43 am

xD
I saw the first one on the 50th birthday of a friend of mine, the second one is really common, and i read the third one in Dorian gray I think

“Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.”

this one will always be connected in my mind with some stupidity I did in 8th grade xD
dorian gray as well btw
Back to top Go down
GuiltyStory
Media Section Moderator
Media Section Moderator
GuiltyStory

PostSubject: Re: Aphorisms and quotes   Aphorisms and quotes EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 5:52 am

Ah i didn't see though last 2 hehe Smile

Last 2 i know of Oliver Wilde

An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all

To expect the unexpected shows a thoroughly modern intellect
Back to top Go down
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

PostSubject: Re: Aphorisms and quotes   Aphorisms and quotes EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 6:00 am

anyone knows my favorite author? Here goes Stanislaw Lem xD

“When smashing monuments, save the pedestals. They always come in handy.” - Solaris I think

“One day Trurl the constructor put together a machine that could build anything beginning with the letter 'n'.” Cyberiad (I admit, here i had to look up the english title xD)

I love this scurrile things he's always inventing with some deep-thought background xD
like bhuddistic koans or sth xD
Back to top Go down
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
Artwork Moderator
Artwork Moderator
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia

Credits : 4894

PostSubject: Re: Aphorisms and quotes   Aphorisms and quotes EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 5:54 pm

dont give up on your dreams...keep on sleeping...XD...
dont know who said it...XD...

white lie,no matter how you look at it, it is still a lie...
forgot who...XD...
Back to top Go down
seyyah
Role-Playing Moderator
Role-Playing Moderator
seyyah

Credits : 4156

PostSubject: Re: Aphorisms and quotes   Aphorisms and quotes EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 6:37 pm

"Two things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about Universe."
Albert Einstein

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."
Cristopher Dawson

"Pale Death beats equally at the poor man's gate and at the palaces of kings"
Horace
Back to top Go down
KimHaedi
Blog Moderator
Blog Moderator
KimHaedi

Credits : 5074

PostSubject: Re: Aphorisms and quotes   Aphorisms and quotes EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 7:07 pm

"Women are made to be loved, not understood."
                             -Oscar Wilde

"to you, with love"
           -Jesus

"Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a man's last romance."
                                                              -Oscar Wilde

"love casts out all fear"
                -Jesus

"the most beautiful thing is the heart, that's where I'll always treasure you."
                                                      -Me

"look, i'm in love with you, your body, your soul, and your spirit too, everything about you moves me."                                                  -Me

"look inside of me, that is who I truly am, not what you see on the surface."
                                                       -me

"To hate is to feel strong and to be weak."
                                                  -Richard Paul Evans book Grace

"It is better to be lonely or afraid? I should know by now but I don't."
                                                    -Grace the book

"I broke my best friend's heart only to learn that it was really mine."
                                         -Grace the book

"Today I asked Eric to be my boyfriend. I know its supposed to be the other way around, but he's shy and it would probably take a hundred years otherwise and by the I might change my mind."
                                        -Grace the book

"The truest grace is not to forgive, but to have never found fault."  *
                                                -Richard Paul Evans

"No matter if their strong or weak, people shine in their hearts."
                                                -Unknown

"I know that you've heard of these words before, but it's true I am in love with you, I.. love you."
                                                        -Me

"Even a human who's strong can have a weak heart."
-Season 2 The World Only God Knows Keima Katsuragi
Back to top Go down
RevoluXionist
The Insane King
The Insane King
RevoluXionist

Credits : 4498

PostSubject: Re: Aphorisms and quotes   Aphorisms and quotes EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 12:53 pm

"Your natural state is enlightening. Everything else you've ever been told about yourself is a lie. We are trying to wake ourselves up, because we come from source energy and we are ALL one. We have to realize that our brothers and sisters that we are seeing in the dream, are mere reflections of our inner self. Yin and yang, love and hate. People that we dislike, are mere reflections of our own character defects. People that we like and love are true successful manifestations of our deepest most inner self. We are beings of light. Our mission, is to be creation, and create positive energy on spaceship Earth."
-From the song "(T-T)b" by Anamanaguchi

---

"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick."
-Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru)

---

"If someone didn't have any pride, wouldn't they also be lacking in self-confidence? If someone was free of greed, wouldn't they have trouble supporting their family? And if people didn't envy one another, wouldn't they stop inventing new things?"
-Chitanda Eru (Hyouka)

---

"Be strong enough to stand alone, smart enough to know when you need help, and brave enough to ask for it."
-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
http://exartia.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aphorisms and quotes   Aphorisms and quotes Empty

Back to top Go down

Aphorisms and quotes
Page 1 of 1