Anime Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Madness wishes you a pleasant stay here.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFlash Games
A new banner has been added!
Drop by the chatbox sometime and hang out with us!
New playlist added! Sit back and enjoy the music!

Stargazing and astrophotography

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

Credits : 4710

Stargazing and astrophotography Empty
PostSubject: Stargazing and astrophotography   Stargazing and astrophotography EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 6:09 am

I wondered if any of you were interested in stargazing, own a telescope or do astrophotography yourself.
If that's the case, you/we can share some images here, discuss them, exchange software for observation or image processing (GIMP works well here lol).

Would be fun if we got data from all over the world. xD

I'll start, here are some pics we made back at school in my astronomy group (my own telescope is small and good for nothing, school telescope was far better, but I prefer the cool uni telescope in a dome I work with now xDDD)
all copyrights by my astronomy group and the school xD
ring nebula M57:
Moon surface, Hyginus:

Me and two friends applied for observation time at the ESA satellite "Mars Express", were successful and could collect some raw data from Mars orbit which we processed to stereo images. Here's a sample, pm me for the detailed article if you want, I can't post it here. xD
Mars stereo image:
Back to top Go down
KimHaedi
Blog Moderator
Blog Moderator
KimHaedi

Credits : 5074

PostSubject: Re: Stargazing and astrophotography   Stargazing and astrophotography EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 3:04 pm

http://www.stellarium.org/ i use this free program to see the planets and everything! this program is really cool! i used it for my astronomy class too. CHECK IT OUT
Back to top Go down
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

PostSubject: Re: Stargazing and astrophotography   Stargazing and astrophotography EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 3:40 pm

lol I use this program too, along with another one on my uni computer, but this one is my favorite, I'm pretty surprised I found someone else using it xD
one of the environments (Garching) is the meadows behind my uni buildings, since the guy who programmed it worked here xD
It's detailed and easy to handle, I only can recommend this one as well xD
Back to top Go down
KimHaedi
Blog Moderator
Blog Moderator
KimHaedi

PostSubject: Re: Stargazing and astrophotography   Stargazing and astrophotography EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 6:59 pm

oh woow XD! u too huh? well XD oh, thats cool that you have someone that can work with this program. ^^ neat. i'm not really into astronomy since it's so hard to memorize a lot of information, but other than that i like the galaxy and the nature of it. ^ ^
Back to top Go down
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Credits : 4831

PostSubject: Re: Stargazing and astrophotography   Stargazing and astrophotography EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 11:42 pm

Wow that is so freaking cool. O_O I'm only in high school and we only have one astronomy course so our astronomy equipment is nonexistent XD Are you planning on going into astronomy kiwa?
Back to top Go down
http://radiantstarr.deviantart.com/
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

PostSubject: Re: Stargazing and astrophotography   Stargazing and astrophotography EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 4:34 am

I think after finishing my basic studies I'll proceed with KTA, (nuclear, particle- and astrophysics), so I might end up there xD
I had the idea for the thread because a professor here set up a new, better telescope and asked me and two other guys to help him set it up, calibrate it and debug the software in exchange for having access to it as soon as it works properly <3
Back to top Go down
KimHaedi
Blog Moderator
Blog Moderator
KimHaedi

PostSubject: Re: Stargazing and astrophotography   Stargazing and astrophotography EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 12:16 am

nice that your into difficult studying. ^^ i hope everything works well for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stargazing and astrophotography   Stargazing and astrophotography Empty

Back to top Go down

Stargazing and astrophotography
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anime Madness :: Hobbies Section :: General Hobbies Discussion-
Jump to: