Anime Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Madness wishes you a pleasant stay here.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFlash Games
A new banner has been added!
Drop by the chatbox sometime and hang out with us!
New playlist added! Sit back and enjoy the music!

Ruriel's Studio

Go down 
+7
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
RevoluXionist
Kiwa_Hajimari
Lotus&Japan
Rami
Vezzel
Ruriel
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Credits : 4810

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 1:25 am

So here are all the sigs I've made since I started using PS. I think it's been a week and a half since I made that first sig with Axel and I think I've improved quite a bit ^^ But there's always room for improvement so I'd love to receive feedback from everyone.

Ruriel's Studio RedSig

Ruriel's Studio KirbySig

Ruriel's Studio HoneySenpaiSig

Ruriel's Studio MinatoNarutoSig
Back to top Go down
http://radiantstarr.deviantart.com/
Vezzel
The Mad Dog (Artwork Moderator)
Vezzel

Credits : 4695

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 4:01 am

ok... time to get serious Very Happy
ur forte has been detected: theme picking and color matching!

now lets give u some feedback ruri!

sig 1: personally i absolutelly liked it! the white shapes behind the render look really good and the shadow behind the render matches black areas surrounding it, the red area looks a bit plain but u compensated it a little with those splatter dots at the end of shaped background and those transparent brushes surrounding the sigs borders, about the text its not bad neither great... but the text is something a bit tricky and difficult, ull get better at it by making sig after another Smile

sig 2: good job following the flow that the render has! the text gets the same feedback as sig 1 and... the yellow glow surrounding kirby seemed a bit off to me but its good to know that u have ventured into layer options already, some people prefer to take their time before trying it but using it earlier means that ull get good at it sooner, which will come in very nicely for future artworks ^^

sig 3: only 2 problems here, big text and pixelled flower borders :S
aside from that the colors and theme were nicely chosen and used to combine background and render, as i mentioned at the beginning i think those are ur strong points so far and the good thing is that they are really important for a signature to work, practice more, get better at these things and im sure that ull produce something awesome! ^^

aaaaand finally sig 4: first of all, awesome lighting effect on the right side, ur forte comes in again showing a really good background for that theme, flowers and lights here and there make a feeling of peace which works perfect with the scene, the brown root at the left side distracts me a little though which doesnt help the focal point but it certainly doesnt look bad. as for text i incist, same feedback as sig 1.

overall and for someone who just started on GFXing not too long ago u r doing an absolutelly good job! compared to other peoples first steps i see more contents and options used on ur sigs than on others which i think is great, keep on creating things, ill be looking forward to seeing more of ur stuff and of course ull get my humble feedback on them haha
good work ruri ^^
Back to top Go down
Rami
Administrator
Administrator
Rami

Credits : 4737

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 4:39 am

Damn For Some One Whom Barely Started Great Job Steph. You Might Surpass Me In No Time.
Back to top Go down

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 6:26 am

Ohh Vezz already stated some of the problems we have here.

But here are some additions:

1.) Try blending the render a little bit more, it feels odd while looking at it. (Which means it's lack of colors. Probably Vezz feels it too lol xD) Maybe because all of them has vintage effects.
2.) Recoloring your C4D's correctly will improve signature #1. Also don't let the brush effects get in the way of the text, or if it's really needed, just limit the effects.
3.) Fixing the renders by smudging or erasing some of the broken parts can help solving the large pixeled renders.

That's all what is left, good job, haven't seen any more problems except that. (New GFX'ers usually get 10 or more problems at first but good that you only have few so that means you're just few steps away ^^)
Back to top Go down
Lotus&Japan
Sergeant
Sergeant
Lotus&Japan

Credits : 4131

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 2:17 pm

here is a comment from someone who has no clue about making sig in ps but really admires your work:
gorgeous! great work, a big like to the first and last sig! cheers  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kiwa_Hajimari
Administrator
Administrator
Kiwa_Hajimari

Credits : 4689

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 7:04 am

I don't know if you care about opinions less qualified than terrah's and Vez's, but the Pokemon trainer sig is absolutely awesome xD
Back to top Go down
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:07 pm

Vezzel wrote:
ok... time to get serious Very Happy
ur forte has been detected: theme picking and color matching!

now lets give u some feedback ruri!

sig 1: personally i absolutelly liked it! the white shapes behind the render look really good and the shadow behind the render matches black areas surrounding it, the red area looks a bit plain but u compensated it a little with those splatter dots at the end of shaped background and those transparent brushes surrounding the sigs borders, about the text its not bad neither great... but the text is something a bit tricky and difficult, ull get better at it by making sig after another Smile

sig 2: good job following the flow that the render has! the text gets the same feedback as sig 1 and... the yellow glow surrounding kirby seemed a bit off to me but its good to know that u have ventured into layer options already, some people prefer to take their time before trying it but using it earlier means that ull get good at it sooner, which will come in very nicely for future artworks ^^

sig 3: only 2 problems here, big text and pixelled flower borders :S
aside from that the colors and theme were nicely chosen and used to combine background and render, as i mentioned at the beginning i think those are ur strong points so far and the good thing is that they are really important for a signature to work, practice more, get better at these things and im sure that ull produce something awesome! ^^

aaaaand finally sig 4: first of all, awesome lighting effect on the right side, ur forte comes in again showing a really good background for that theme, flowers and lights here and there make a feeling of peace which works perfect with the scene, the brown root at the left side distracts me a little though which doesnt help the focal point but it certainly doesnt look bad. as for text i incist, same feedback as sig 1.

overall and for someone who just started on GFXing not too long ago u r doing an absolutelly good job! compared to other peoples first steps i see more contents and options used on ur sigs than on others which i think is great, keep on creating things, ill be looking forward to seeing more of ur stuff and of course ull get my humble feedback on them haha
good work ruri ^^

Thanks for the sound advice vezz! I've been having trouble with text actually... Maybe it's because I need to download a lot more to help me out with that. I'll definitely spend some time working on that. For sig 2, my friend rendered it for me but she didn't do the best job... So I put a yellow glow around Kirby so it wasn't really noticeable. But now I know to try to smudge the render like Terrah suggested. As for the flowers in sig 4... I'm not sure why they were pixelled at the borders... It wasn't like that when I was using PS but I guess something happened when I uploaded it...? I used a brush to make them... Ah well. Now I know to double check my sigs after uploading them ^^

But really, your advice is really helpful. Thank you!!!

Rami wrote:
Damn For Some One Whom Barely Started Great Job Steph. You Might Surpass Me In No Time.

Hehe thanks Rami ^^ But I don't think I'll be better than you for a very long time.

Terrah wrote:
Ohh Vezz already stated some of the problems we have here.

But here are some additions:

1.) Try blending the render a little bit more, it feels odd while looking at it. (Which means it's lack of colors. Probably Vezz feels it too lol xD) Maybe because all of them has vintage effects.
2.) Recoloring your C4D's correctly will improve signature #1. Also don't let the brush effects get in the way of the text, or if it's really needed, just limit the effects.
3.) Fixing the renders by smudging or erasing some of the broken parts can help solving the large pixeled renders.

That's all what is left, good job, haven't seen any more problems except that. (New GFX'ers usually get 10 or more problems at first but good that you only have few so that means you're just few steps away ^^)

Great advice! I just have a few questions...

1. Other than adding an outer glow to the render, are there any other ways to blend the render?(I'm guessing that smudging is another way)
2. I've heard the term c4d a lot but what exactly is it? And how would you recolor one?

If anyone else besides Terrah can answer these questions, I'd be grateful to them too.

Lotus&Japan wrote:
here is a comment from someone who has no clue about making sig in ps but really admires your work:
gorgeous! great work, a big like to the first and last sig! cheers  Very Happy

Thanks! That really means a lot ^^ And I love the first and last sigs too XD I spent quite a bit of time staring at them when I finished.

Kiwa_Hajimari wrote:
I don't know if you care about opinions less qualified than terrah's and Vez's, but the Pokemon trainer sig is absolutely awesome xD

Why thank you for your kind input sir~ And though your opinion does not have any content that can help me improve, it does not make it "less qualified". Support is always welcome :3 So thank you.
Back to top Go down
Vezzel
Vezzel

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 12:00 am

Ruriel wrote:
Great advice! I just have a few questions...

1. Other than adding an outer glow to the render, are there any other ways to blend the render?(I'm guessing that smudging is another way)
2. I've heard the term c4d a lot but what exactly is it? And how would you recolor one?

If anyone else besides Terrah can answer these questions, I'd be grateful to them too.

lets see...
1- there are plenty and it all depends on ur style, sometimes even if u match colors of render and background, one of them simply has a different texture which wont make them blend well, there are several ways to blend a render, be it making copies of it and smudging its edges and borders, u can also make a background out of bigger copies of the render, in those cases they have the same texture and share same colors so its not that necessary to blend (careful with making copies too big, they can end up pixeled); u might want to use some texture images as well as colors and play arround with their layer styles so u can make everything match in all ways possible (texture images dont always look good and u should remember to erase the parts that are interfering with the sig), i can keep on mentioning examples all day, one thing i forgot to mention in my previous message is that u should find your style, for example im good at shapes, i can esaily make a shaped sig in 5 minutes making it look good and thats because im used to doing them, find your own way to apply this suggestions and ull automatically find ur style Very Happy

2- this is a c4d=

its a random shaped rendered image that makes a good addition for background and in some cases blending, some of them have little lights so u can use them to determine a nice place for lighting effects
Back to top Go down
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:01 am

Vezzel wrote:

lets see...
1- there are plenty and it all depends on ur style, sometimes even if u match colors of render and background, one of them simply has a different texture which wont make them blend well, there are several ways to blend a render, be it making copies of it and smudging its edges and borders, u can also make a background out of bigger copies of the render, in those cases they have the same texture and share same colors so its not that necessary to blend (careful with making copies too big, they can end up pixeled); u might want to use some texture images as well as colors and play arround with their layer styles so u can make everything match in all ways possible (texture images dont always look good and u should remember to erase the parts that are interfering with the sig), i can keep on mentioning examples all day, one thing i forgot to mention in my previous message is that u should find your style, for example im good at shapes, i can esaily make a shaped sig in 5 minutes making it look good and thats because im used to doing them, find your own way to apply this suggestions and ull automatically find ur style Very Happy

2- this is a c4d=

its a random shaped rendered image that makes a good addition for background and in some cases blending, some of them have little lights so u can use them to determine a nice place for lighting effects

Thanks again Vez! I'm still playing around with PS and experimenting with different things... but I hope that I find my style soon ^^ I'll do my best to take everyone's advice into account and make my sigs better. Improvement here I come!
Back to top Go down
Vezzel
Vezzel

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:24 am

Ruriel wrote:
Thanks again Vez! I'm still playing around with PS and experimenting with different things... but I hope that I find my style soon ^^ I'll do my best to take everyone's advice into account and make my sigs better. Improvement here I come!

roger that! ill be waiting for more of ur works haha!
Back to top Go down
RevoluXionist
The Insane King
The Insane King
RevoluXionist

Credits : 4477

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Back to top Go down
http://exartia.deviantart.com/
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
Artwork Moderator
Artwork Moderator
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia

Credits : 4873

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:07 pm

well you sure are off to a nice start...keep up...and work more on te text...thats where a lot of people are having problems...including me...
Back to top Go down
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:46 pm

InXanity wrote:
Oh I can see a good potential in your skills. As a fellow GFX maker, I'll give you some tutorials that can help you in making awesome tags:

http://lapanteranegra.deviantart.com/art/Text-Photoshop-Tutorial-258858021
http://jaxcullengfx.deviantart.com/art/Depth-Depth-and-More-Depth-A-Beginner-s-Guide-348878189
http://jaxcullengfx.deviantart.com/art/Layer-Masks-Tutorial-Brief-Overiew-348573461
http://chibisuke-chan.deviantart.com/art/Secrets-Adjustments-Tut-368082470
http://jloli.deviantart.com/art/Photoshop-Tutorial-Layers-167920412

Good luck and keep it up!

Thanks for the tutorials! I'll definitely check them out when I have time to~ I haven't touched PS since last week because of work >_<

Lelouch_Vi_Britannia wrote:
well you sure are off to a nice start...keep up...and work more on te text...thats where a lot of people are having problems...including me...

Yeah... Vezz pointed that out earlier and I sort of noticed it too while working... I guess we'll just have to keep on practicing!

Last edited by Ruriel on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:07 am

Here's another two! The first one is of Train Heartnet from Black Cat (just in case you can't recognize him because of the way he's facing)

Ruriel's Studio No13sig

Ruriel's Studio Lsig
Back to top Go down
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
Artwork Moderator
Artwork Moderator
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:27 am

nice...i like this among the two...
Ruriel's Studio Lsig
its just that i think the text is a bit too low...just me though...
since our background is black...try changing the color of your border...take a color from the signature...
Back to top Go down
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 10:24 pm

Ruriel's Studio Lsig
since our background is black...try changing the color of your border...take a color from the signature...

Do you mean that there is too little text or that the opacity of the text is too low?

And yeah... I keep forgetting that AM is black so... XD Thanks for reminding me though ^^
Back to top Go down
RevoluXionist
The Insane King
The Insane King
RevoluXionist

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 10:51 pm

Ruriel wrote:
Ruriel's Studio Lsig

Do you mean that there is too little text or that the opacity of the text is too low?

And yeah... I keep forgetting that AM is black so... XD Thanks for reminding me though ^^

I think the text is not a bit bulky. In the text RadiantStarr, try using stroke in the blending options by right clicking the text layer and set it to 50% or 75% opacity or whichever you're comfortable with.

Try moving the render a bit to the left so that it will fall under the rule of thirds and the placement of the text is good. Well, keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:17 pm

InXanity wrote:

I think the text is not a bit bulky. In the text RadiantStarr, try using stroke in the blending options by right clicking the text layer and set it to 50% or 75% opacity or whichever you're comfortable with.

Try moving the render a bit to the left so that it will fall under the rule of thirds and the placement of the text is good. Well, keep it up!

Sorry that I'm not getting what you're saying... Would you mind clarifying a bit? The "not a bit bulky" part confused me a little. I just want to be clear on what I'm doing wrong so I can fix it in the future ^^

Never heard of the rule of thirds... but now I have I guess XD I will definitely make sure I follow that rule from now on.
Back to top Go down
RevoluXionist
The Insane King
The Insane King
RevoluXionist

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Right click the text layer then click the Blending options. After that, check stroke then set the opacity to somewhere 25% to 75% or whatever.

If you want to use the rule of the thirds easy, here are the steps: Go to Edit > Preferences > Guides, Grids & Slices then there's a grid section. Change the settings to Gridline every 33.33 percent and Subdivisions to 1 then hit Ctrl+' if you want to use it.
Back to top Go down
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:35 pm

InXanity wrote:
Right click the text layer then click the Blending options. After that, check stroke then set the opacity to somewhere 25% to 75% or whatever.

If you want to use the rule of the thirds easy, here are the steps: Go to Edit > Preferences > Guides, Grids & Slices then there's a grid section. Change the settings to Gridline every 33.33 percent and Subdivisions to 1 then hit Ctrl+' if you want to use it.

Gotcha. Thanks a bunch!!!~
Back to top Go down
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
Artwork Moderator
Artwork Moderator
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:02 am

Ruriel wrote:
Ruriel's Studio Lsig

opps...sorry about that...
i mean...the position of the text is a bit low...just for me...it draws the attention away from the focal...
Back to top Go down
KimHaedi
Blog Moderator
Blog Moderator
KimHaedi

Credits : 5053

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:40 pm

wow... you've just started.. and yet.. you seem like you've been doing this quite some time now!

way to go STEPHU. Nice work~ I'll be maybe asking you to do a signature for me.. keh heh. if you don't mind!
Back to top Go down
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:51 pm

i mean...the position of the text is a bit low...just for me...it draws the attention away from the focal...

Oh I see... I thought so too but when I tried moving it higher, I could barely see it because the background was too light. I tried darkening that area but after I did, L looked... dull. So I just left the text where it was.

KimHaedi wrote:
wow...  you've just started.. and yet.. you seem like you've been doing this quite some time now!

way to go STEPHU.  Nice work~  I'll be maybe asking you to do a signature for me.. keh heh. if you don't mind!

Hehe thanks hattie! I'm still not very good but I'd be happy to try to make sig for you ^^ Just... don't expect too much XD
Back to top Go down
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
Artwork Moderator
Artwork Moderator
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 6:41 am

Ruriel wrote:

Oh I see... I thought so too but when I tried moving it higher, I could barely see it because the background was too light. I tried darkening that area but after I did, L looked... dull. So I just left the text where it was.
i see...this is a tip i got from marutsu of AU...do an fx effect...drop shadow and put 1 px. on distance...spread and size...thats how i make the visible...you can also try other effect like outer glow or anything but not stroke...hope this helps...
Back to top Go down
Ruriel
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ruriel

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 11:35 pm

Ruriel wrote:

i see...this is a tip i got from marutsu of AU...do an fx effect...drop shadow and put 1 px. on distance...spread and size...thats how i make the visible...you can also try other effect like outer glow or anything but not stroke...hope this helps...

Gotcha. I'll try that next time ^^ Thanks for the tip!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ruriel's Studio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruriel's Studio   Ruriel's Studio Empty

Back to top Go down

Ruriel's Studio
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anime Madness :: Entertainment Section :: Artwork-
Jump to: