Anime Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Madness wishes you a pleasant stay here.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFlash Games
A new banner has been added!
Drop by the chatbox sometime and hang out with us!
New playlist added! Sit back and enjoy the music!

prizes for contests...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
Artwork Moderator
Artwork Moderator
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia

Credits : 4912

prizes for contests... Empty
PostSubject: prizes for contests...   prizes for contests... EmptyFri May 24, 2013 6:15 pm

since nel-chan said she's got some suggestions on the prices...
i'd like to ask everyone instead...since we still got a few members...i think its best to discuss this right now...
all opinions are welcome...

what prices do you think should we give???
how do we give prices???randomly or every contest???

i think thats it...the rest will be for the artwork moderators...
thank you...

Last edited by Lelouch_Vi_Britannia on Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vezzel
The Mad Dog (Artwork Moderator)
Vezzel

Credits : 4734

PostSubject: Re: prizes for contests...   prizes for contests... EmptyFri May 24, 2013 6:44 pm

yup, i have had a small talk about this with nel too, she gave me her suggestions on the matter, telling me about (for example on the SOTW event) letting the winner pick the next theme and if the same person wins a second time, he gets his art thread stickied for an X amount of time, well, i think it can turn a little tricky with the pass of time, more people means that we will have to make the list of winners bigger which means we will have to remember all the winners so far to give them their respective prizes, so i think that as prizes for the SOTW winner we can make all this at once and also make badges (i have no problem doing them)... in short, 1st winner gets to pick next theme and gets his art thread stickied so that it can be easier for others to find and check for an X amount of time (to confirm later) and 1st, 2nd and 3rd get a badge.
how does that sound? im only speaking about the artwork section because i dont have many ideas about other events but this suggestion does apply to almost anything, for example, if there will be a SSC (short story competition), winner can get to pick the next writting theme as well as get a badge or something like that...

last thing that just popped into my mind, we can make a "Hall of Fame" for winners of each competition so that each winner work will be shown there, each hall could be a closed thread that will get updated after each competition end
ex.:
1st post of the hall of fame for the SOTW=
SOTW 1, theme Black and White Winner: Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
Artwork goes here

2nd post: SOTW 2, theme Bleach Winner: Vezzel
Artwork goes here
Back to top Go down
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
Artwork Moderator
Artwork Moderator
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia

PostSubject: Re: prizes for contests...   prizes for contests... EmptyFri May 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Vezzel wrote:
yup, i have had a small talk about this with nel too, she gave me her suggestions on the matter, telling me about (for example on the SOTW event) letting the winner pick the next theme and if the same person wins a second time, he gets his art thread stickied for an X amount of time, well, i think it can turn a little tricky with the pass of time, more people means that we will have to make the list of winners bigger which means we will have to remember all the winners so far to give them their respective prizes, so i think that as prizes for the SOTW winner we can make all this at once and also make badges (i have no problem doing them)... in short, 1st winner gets to pick next theme and gets his art thread stickied so that it can be easier for others to find and check for an X amount of time (to confirm later) and 1st, 2nd and 3rd get a badge.
how does that sound? im only speaking about the artwork section because i dont have many ideas about other events but this suggestion does apply to almost anything, for example, if there will be a SSC (short story competition), winner can get to pick the next writting theme as well as get a badge or something like that...

last thing that just popped into my mind, we can make a "Hall of Fame" for winners of each competition so that each winner work will be shown there, each hall could be a closed thread that will get updated after each competition end
ex.:
1st post of the hall of fame for the SOTW=
SOTW 1, theme Black and White Winner: Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
Artwork goes here

2nd post: SOTW 2, theme Bleach Winner: Vezzel
Artwork goes here

nice...so we'll give pricess every week for the SOTW...that doesnt sound too bad...
and the ''Hall of Fame''...yeah i think thats great...

yeah...we might as well discuss pricess for other competition too...
and it will depend on the respective moderators to decide on how to give them...
Back to top Go down
Vezzel
Vezzel

PostSubject: Re: prizes for contests...   prizes for contests... EmptyFri May 24, 2013 7:07 pm

Lelouch_Vi_Britannia wrote:
nice...so we'll give pricess every week for the SOTW...that doesnt sound too bad...
and the ''Hall of Fame''...yeah i think thats great...

yeah...we might as well discuss pricess for other competition too...
and it will depend on the respective moderators to decide on how to give them...

of course, its just an idea that should be adapted under each section, im just saying that this suggestion can be applied to any contest, it would just needs some little twists and changes to match all the mods tastes since they are the once who will be giving the prizes of course Razz
anyway, this is as far as we have, lets wait for more people to come online so they can show their own perspective and share their ideas on this matter.

btw and as i said, this suggestion came originally from nel-chan, thanks for the idea nel Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nel-chan
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
nel-chan

Credits : 4368

PostSubject: Re: prizes for contests...   prizes for contests... EmptyFri May 24, 2013 7:43 pm

Yayy so my idea is being suggested n.n
Im not mod of the art section so vez has already explained what I suggested. So does this mean we will be starting an SOTW soon?

Hall Of Fame - I agree, we def need to display all the artwork which rightfully won the place ^^
Back to top Go down
Vezzel
Vezzel

PostSubject: Re: prizes for contests...   prizes for contests... EmptyFri May 24, 2013 11:18 pm

nel-chan wrote:
Im not mod of the art section so vez has already explained what I suggested. So does this mean we will be starting an SOTW soon?

Hall Of Fame - I agree, we def need to display all the artwork which rightfully won the place ^^

not just for the artwork section, we can make a hall of fame for each contest, can be applied on the SSC (short story contest for the writing and novels section(if it will ever be one)), maybe if the game section grows and mods can organise tournaments, we can make a Hall of Fame for it, displaying the winners, endless possibilities, it all depends on how many events will there be implemented in the future, the rest as i mentioned is just to adapt ur suggestion to make it fit under each mods opinions Very Happy

now, about the SOTW im not sure if ill be able to hold it since i was admined (new word haha) but ill talk with lelouch and the others later to see when, where and how, we will let u and the others know later ^^
Back to top Go down
Toilet
BADASS HEAD ADMIN!
BADASS HEAD ADMIN!
Toilet

Credits : 13841

PostSubject: Re: prizes for contests...   prizes for contests... EmptySat May 25, 2013 2:44 am

I believe you mean "Prize" not "Price". if that's so. i totally agree with the Hall of Fame.
Back to top Go down
https://animeultimatemadness.forumotion.com
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia
Artwork Moderator
Artwork Moderator
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia

PostSubject: Re: prizes for contests...   prizes for contests... EmptySat May 25, 2013 4:35 am

Toilet wrote:
I believe you mean "Prize" not "Price". if that's so. i totally agree with the Hall of Fame.

ohh...yeah...please change it...XD...

well nel's idea could actually work in every section...depends on the moderator though...
Back to top Go down
nel-chan
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
nel-chan

PostSubject: Re: prizes for contests...   prizes for contests... EmptySat May 25, 2013 11:51 am

Vezzel wrote:
nel-chan wrote:

not just for the artwork section, we can make a hall of fame for each contest, can be applied on the SSC (short story contest for the writing and novels section(if it will ever be one)), maybe if the game section grows and mods can organise tournaments, we can make a Hall of Fame for it, displaying the winners, endless possibilities, it all depends on how many events will there be implemented in the future, the rest as i mentioned is just to adapt ur suggestion to make it fit under each mods opinions Very Happy

now, about the SOTW im not sure if ill be able to hold it since i was admined (new word haha) but ill talk with lelouch and the others later to see when, where and how, we will let u and the others know later ^^

Congratz on the Admin xD
I noticed that before but then I got confused : P

Anyways I do agree with that, but to hold such events we gotta have as many people who will be participating weekly / daily as well.
Back to top Go down
Vezzel
Vezzel

PostSubject: Re: prizes for contests...   prizes for contests... EmptySat May 25, 2013 12:17 pm

nel-chan wrote:
Congratz on the Admin xD
I noticed that before but then I got confused : P

Anyways I do agree with that, but to hold such events we gotta have as many people who will be participating weekly / daily as well.

yup, of course haha ^^ so far i guess there will be no problem to launch the SOTW soon since there are quite the number of GFXers but im not quite sure how is it going for other sections when speaking about number of people active on each of them, if theres not many members then some events are bound to wait until the community grows some more :S
Back to top Go down
nel-chan
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
nel-chan

PostSubject: Re: prizes for contests...   prizes for contests... EmptySat May 25, 2013 4:07 pm

yep I agree with the other secs ^^

And yes we already have quite a few people who are into GFX, so hopefully we can get an SOTW soon ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: prizes for contests...   prizes for contests... Empty

Back to top Go down

prizes for contests...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anime Madness :: Feedback Section :: Suggestions-
Jump to: